Catch the Kohu Ra Tuarua vehicle ferry between Rawene and the Narrows, 4km south of Kohukohu. The ferry service operates seven days a week, with departure times shown below. At peak times the ferry may change to “shuttle” mode. During these times the timetable may be suspended and sailings will be more frequent.
Please note low tides may dictate travel time for extra-large vehicles, including oversize truck and trailer units, buses and overweight vehicles. Please contact us on 0800 229 979 to confirm your requirements.
For the latest information on any service disruptions or delays, please visit our Hokianga Ferry Services Facebook page.
Alert Level 2
- The Hokianga Ferry is operating as scheduled.
- Do not travel if you feel unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please continue to check in using the COVID contact tracing app, or sign the onboard register.
- Passengers on foot must wear a face mask at all times while on board. Vehicle ferry passengers must wear a mask if exiting their vehicle.
- Please maintain social distancing of 2 metres or more.
HOKIANGA FERRY (RAWENE/NARROWS) Timetable
Crossing time: 15 minutes
7:00am (weekdays only, excluding public holidays)
Services continue throughout the day on the half hour until 7:30pm
The ferry departs from the wharf at the end of Parnell St, Rawene.
You can buy tickets on board the ferry. Pay in cash or use the on-board EFTPOS machine which accepts EFTPOS cards and Visa or Mastercard credit cards.
Please contact us for information on concessions, heavy vehicles or any other queries.
The Hokianga vehicle ferry is operated by Northland Ferries on behalf of the Far North District Council, with support from the New Zealand Transport Agency.